Overwhelmed? We have the people with the answers you need!
• Cross-Examining the State’s Expert — Shannon Smith, Bloomfield Hills, MI
• Sex Offender Registration and Relief — Emily Simon
• Psychological Perspective on Pathology — Dr. Kirk Johnson
• CARES Interviews — Dr. Wendy Bourg
• Child Porn: Attacking the Child Porn Search Warrants — Per Olson & Celia Howes
• Sex Crime Defense: Innocents, Deviants and Perverts, Oh My! – ethics — Steve Sherlag, Portland
• Child Abuse Reporting — Chris Hansen, Eugene
And more! PLUS — Celebrate the coming return of spring in the southern Willamette Valley. Fun social events! Networking! Taste local brew and wine!
Some sentencing issues are so complex you would have to spend hours researching what you can find easily in this invaluable resource. The 2012 edition helps you arrive at the correct interpretation and craft a winning argument. You’ll reach for it every time:
• your client is pleading to more than one felony count in a single indictment
• the state files a notice of aggravating factors
• you are going to “open sentencing” on felony charges.
And those are just a few examples. For comprehensive coverage of sentencing issues, guidelines and related case law, plus practice pointers and detailed
challenges that can be raised on constitutional and other grounds, don’t look any further. Order here.
A 2016 Update for the DUII Trial Notebook is available, included with your purchase. Editors Rob Crow & Ben Eder compiled legislation and case law issued since the Notebook was published in 2014 and have updated 7 of the 17 chapters. From booking your client to client sentencing, from the IC hearing to Motions to Suppress, from Diversion to FSTs, the 2016 update provides all the relevant changes over the past two years to keep you — and your clients — current with the law. A must-have for any DUII practitioner. Details.
This survey is to collect information from Oregon attorneys about cases in which your client was convicted by a nonunanimous jury Jan 1, 2015, through 2017.
Click here to complete the survey.
The survey was designed by Lewis & Clark Law Professor Aliza Kaplan.
Fighting to Keep Fighting…and Win by Dave Ferry
“Best bargain in the world.”
Just $99/year for eight manuals. Read more, and subscribe here.
A Monthly Audio Conversation with host Marc Brown. Access all episodes — nine so far — on the podcast page at the Library of Defense.
OCDLA has a mentoring program for newer members. Read more.
Jan-Feb-Mar 2017 issue of the Oregon Defense Attorney